Entertainment Weekly has dubbed Jimmy Fallon Entertainer of the Year in its annual “Best and Worst” issue.
In his first year as host of The Tonight Show, Fallon made the late night talk show into a viral video factory. YouTube videos of Emma Stone destroying Fallon in a lip-sync battle or Fallon, the Roots and Miley Cyrus singing an a cappella version of “We Can’t Stop” became must-see clips the morning after.
Thanks to these hits, Fallon did the unthinkable and actually increased the show’s ratings in 2014 from last year when Jay Leno finished hosting.
Read more about Fallon’s accolade here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now