1. The Obamas should consider teaching in an urban public school after 2016.
By Valerie Strauss in the Washington Post
2. Tech journalism needs to grow up.
By Michael Brendan Dougherty in The Week
3. Despite conventional wisdom to the contrary, the surge strategy didn’t end the war in Iraq. We shouldn’t try it again against ISIS.
By Daniel L. Davis in The American Conservative
4. Adjusting outdated rules for overtime could give middle class wages a valuable boost.
By Nick Hanauer in PBS News Hour’s Making Sense
5. A new solar power device can collect energy even on cloudy days and from reflected lunar light.
By Tuan C. Nguyen in Smithsonian Magazine
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement