The first trailer for the latest Star Wars installment is on pace to be the most watched movie trailer ever.
Since its release on Friday, the trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens has already amassed more than 60 million views, according to data by ZEFR, the YouTube marketing blog. That’s the best first week of any trailer in 2014. The 90-second trailer has been parodied in Lego and reviewed since its release, and everything points to the J.J. Abrams-directed movie being a blockbuster sensation.
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens arrives in theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy