The first trailer for the latest Star Wars installment is on pace to be the most watched movie trailer ever.
Since its release on Friday, the trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens has already amassed more than 60 million views, according to data by ZEFR, the YouTube marketing blog. That’s the best first week of any trailer in 2014. The 90-second trailer has been parodied in Lego and reviewed since its release, and everything points to the J.J. Abrams-directed movie being a blockbuster sensation.
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens arrives in theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving