The teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens came out last week, but the movie itself doesn’t hit theaters for a year. So what’s a fan to do in the meantime? Reminisce about the brilliance of Mel Brooks’ 1987 spoof Spaceballs, for one thing.
Film Geekery mashed up the audio from the new trailer with scenes from Spaceballs, imagining what the new movie would look like with Barf, Yogurt, Dark Helmet and that little dancing alien that wears a top hat. It’s a pleasing throwback to peak Brooksian humor and the power of the Schwartz.
A year is a long time for anticipation to build between teaser and premiere. In the event the The Force Awakens doesn’t meet those burgeoning expectations, at least there’s always Mel Brooks to fall back on.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms