Will Ferrell is at his best when he plays competitive, determined and unreasonably committed to the endeavor at hand. Case in point: his racecar driver in Talladega Nights, his figure skater in Blades of Glory and his raunchy news anchor in Anchorman. It appears he’ll now have the opportunity to overcommit himself to the role of Shakespearean actor, as Sony has purchased a pitch from Mosaic developed as a vehicle for him.
The as-yet-untitled project will be written by David Guion and Michael Handelman, who co-wrote Blades of Glory as well as The Internship and Men in Black III. Sony also recently purchased another vehicle for Ferrell, Border Guards, with John C. Reilly attached to complete the comedic duo.
Before Ferrell dons a cape and reverts to archaic conjugation, he’ll star alongside Kevin Hart and Alison Brie in the prison comedy Get Hard, out in March.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working