Looking as if he’d be more at home on the set of an Nespresso commercial than an English period drama, George Clooney has at last made his Downton Abbey debut in a brief teaser clip.
Clooney has a part in a short Downton Abbey charity film which will air during the holidays on British network ITV. Though there’s been much speculation about what role Clooney will take on in the film, details have been scant. And sadly for Downton fans, the 20-second teaser clip doesn’t give much indication what Clooney’s character is all about. All we know is that Lady Cora addresses him as “Dearest,” perhaps mistaking him for Lord Grantham despite the deep tan.
The short film is due to air on Dec. 18.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List