Looking as if he’d be more at home on the set of an Nespresso commercial than an English period drama, George Clooney has at last made his Downton Abbey debut in a brief teaser clip.
Clooney has a part in a short Downton Abbey charity film which will air during the holidays on British network ITV. Though there’s been much speculation about what role Clooney will take on in the film, details have been scant. And sadly for Downton fans, the 20-second teaser clip doesn’t give much indication what Clooney’s character is all about. All we know is that Lady Cora addresses him as “Dearest,” perhaps mistaking him for Lord Grantham despite the deep tan.
The short film is due to air on Dec. 18.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow