The Republican congressional aide who wrote a widely-disseminated Facebook post criticizing President Barack Obama’s daughters says that she is resigning today.
Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Tennessee Rep. Steven Fincher, told NBC News by phone Monday that her resignation is already “in the works.”
In a post that went viral over the weekend, Lauten wrote that Sasha and Malia Obama should have shown “a little class” during the annual Thanksgiving ceremony to pardon two turkeys at the White House.
“Rise to the occasion,” she wrote. “Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve…”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow