Sorry, Lady Mary– George Clooney isn’t going to be your latest suitor. But he did visit the set of Downton Abbey to film a charity sketch (and make the Dowager Countess faint).
Clooney was visiting the set to film a spin-off sketch for ITV’s annual Text Santa charity drive. In the charity episode, Clooney reportedly kisses Maggie Smith’s Dowager Countess, and she falls into a swoon. “George plants a kiss and Maggie ends up on the floor, it’s wonderful. He was hilarious,” actress Laura Carmichael, who plays Lady Edith, told The Telegraph.
When asked whether George Clooney could have a regular role on the show, creator Julian Fellowes seemed ready to swoon as well. “As far as I’m concerned, he can have whatever he likes,” Fellowes said. “He can take over from Maggie (Smith) if he likes.”
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time