1. Though manufacturing jobs — particularly in the auto industry — are making a comeback, the wages are low and not even keeping up with inflation.
By Catherine Ruckelshaus and Sarah Leberstein at the National Employment Law Project
2. Simple, human-centered adaptive technology can change lives for people with disabilities.
By Krithika Krishnamurthy in Economic Times
3. As the military finally integrates men and women, gender-segregated recruit training in the Marines must end.
By Lieutenant Colonel Kevin G. Collins in Marine Corps Gazette
4. A neutral review board — not the police department itself — should review officer-involved shootings.
By Michael Bell in Politico
5. After two peaceful elections, Tunisia demonstrates that fixing politics is easier than remaking a nation, and the problems that sparked the Arab Spring persist.
By Sam Kimball and Nicholas Linn in Quartz
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now