At the age of 53, Susan Boyle finally has her first boyfriend.
“I don’t want to say any more about who he is right now as that would be unfair on him,” Boyle said in a sit-down with The Sun, an interview that was reported in the Daily Mail. “All I’ll say is we are around the same age and he was a very nice guy.”
According to The Sun, Boyle met the American doctor when the pair stayed in the same hotel during her recent tour and they enjoyed a romantic dinner, during which he was “the perfect gentleman”.
The Scottish singer’s quotes were confirmed to PEOPLE by her rep, who added that the U.S. tour for her sixth album – appropriately entitled Hope and featuring songs of inspiration – was a “sell-out success” and that she “will be back in 2015 for the next leg.”
Could that mean a dream come true for the I Dreamed A Dream singer, who shot from obscurity thanks to Britain’s Got Talent and once admitted she had never been kissed?
“It’s very early days so we’ll see what happens,” Boyle told The Sun. “I hope he comes over.”
It has been a year of great change for Boyle, who was recently diagnosed with Asperger’s, which she stated sometimes makes her feel like “King Kong’s mother”.
“Off stage, [my bad behavior] happens lots. It always has,” she recently told the Daily Mail about her battle with mood swings and depression. “But I’m getting better at dealing with it because I know what it is. If I feel I’m going to take a mood swing, I get up and leave.”
The singing sensation continued: “People with Asperger’s do put a barrier up because they don’t know how to trust people. I try not to. I want to let people in.”
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement