A 4-year-old bloodhound named Nathan took home the title of Best in Show at the 2014 National Dog Show on Thursday.
First, Nathan bested his fellow comrades in the hound category, then he beat out Freda the French bulldog and Bogey the samoyed to take home the top prize, PEOPLE reports. This is the biggest win so far for Nathan, who has been competing in dog shows since he was six months old.
But Nathan’s win wasn’t the only big news at this year’s show: another contestant — a miniature pinscher — escaped from its owner, dashing his chances at becoming a champion this time.
Vote Now: Who Should Be TIME’s Person of the Year?
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year