Actor Damian Lewis was toe-to-toe with Prince William at Buckingham Palace Wednesday.
And as he pinned the honor (which stands for Officer of the Order of the British Empire) on Lewis, William revealed that he and wife Kate were big fans of the show.
“[William] said, ‘Catherine and I are huge Homeland fans,’ ” Lewis told reporters. “He said, ‘You appeared again the other night briefly, and we all got very excited,’ which is true – but it was also on Sunday night, which means he is absolutely up to date with the latest episode. I’m amazed they have time for that.”
Lewis, who was there with wife Helen McCrory (who wore Bruce Oldfield), added he was “stupefied” when he heard he’d be receiving the honor.
“I had no idea, so it was a big, big surprise. It was a bit like being asked to be a prefect,” Lewis added. “Now I have to be extremely responsible.”
Earlier this month, William tapped the shoulders of Daniel Day-Lewis in a ceremony marking his knighthood.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org