Actor Damian Lewis was toe-to-toe with Prince William at Buckingham Palace Wednesday.
And as he pinned the honor (which stands for Officer of the Order of the British Empire) on Lewis, William revealed that he and wife Kate were big fans of the show.
“[William] said, ‘Catherine and I are huge Homeland fans,’ ” Lewis told reporters. “He said, ‘You appeared again the other night briefly, and we all got very excited,’ which is true – but it was also on Sunday night, which means he is absolutely up to date with the latest episode. I’m amazed they have time for that.”
Lewis, who was there with wife Helen McCrory (who wore Bruce Oldfield), added he was “stupefied” when he heard he’d be receiving the honor.
“I had no idea, so it was a big, big surprise. It was a bit like being asked to be a prefect,” Lewis added. “Now I have to be extremely responsible.”
Earlier this month, William tapped the shoulders of Daniel Day-Lewis in a ceremony marking his knighthood.
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief