Actor Damian Lewis was toe-to-toe with Prince William at Buckingham Palace Wednesday.
And as he pinned the honor (which stands for Officer of the Order of the British Empire) on Lewis, William revealed that he and wife Kate were big fans of the show.
“[William] said, ‘Catherine and I are huge Homeland fans,’ ” Lewis told reporters. “He said, ‘You appeared again the other night briefly, and we all got very excited,’ which is true – but it was also on Sunday night, which means he is absolutely up to date with the latest episode. I’m amazed they have time for that.”
Lewis, who was there with wife Helen McCrory (who wore Bruce Oldfield), added he was “stupefied” when he heard he’d be receiving the honor.
“I had no idea, so it was a big, big surprise. It was a bit like being asked to be a prefect,” Lewis added. “Now I have to be extremely responsible.”
Earlier this month, William tapped the shoulders of Daniel Day-Lewis in a ceremony marking his knighthood.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms