Last night, Jimmy Kimmel rightly pointed out the serious lack of songs about Thanksgiving, despite the existence of an entire genre of Christmas music. To fill this gap, he invited Meghan Trainor — whose number one single “All About That Bass” is finally seeing the last of its parodies — to create some brand new turkey day classics.
Dressed in her best autumn sweater, Trainor tackles many of the subjects that make Thanksgiving a memorable day, if not always in a good way: travel delays, racist family members, politics at the dinner table, and other holiday plights that only a heaping helping of mashed potatoes can begin to compensate for.
As the faux-infomercial unveils more song titles, including the spot-on “I Would Like to Leave (To Get Drunk with My Friends),” it becomes apparent that Thanksgiving is perhaps best enjoyed sans music. The smell of gravy and the sight of a giant inflatable Pikachu should set the mood just fine.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time