Lesley McSpadden, the mother of gunned-down teenager Michael Brown called policeman Darren Wilson’s comments following a grand-jury decision not to indict him “disrespectful,” in a Wednesday interview with the Today Show.
Wilson told George Stephanopoulos Tuesday that he has a “clean conscience” over the August incident. In his grand-jury testimony, Wilson claimed that Brown rushed at him and looked like a “demon” during the confrontation.
Michael Brown Sr. said on the Today Show that Wilson’s account of the encounter that resulted in the death of his son “sounds crazy.” The father said his son respected law enforcement. “And who in their right mind would charge a police officer that has his gun out?”
McSpadden added, “It’s like insult after injury.”
Watch the full interview on Today Show.
Should the Ferguson Protestors Be TIME’s Person of the Year? Vote Below for #TIMEPOY
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023