1. A Baltimore all-girls high school robotics team is bucking the trend for women in STEM education.
By Andrew Zaleski in the Baltimore Sun
2. The first Thanksgiving wasn’t a celebration of bounty, but “a refusal to be defeated by what so gravely threatened.” Today, we need the same.
By James Carroll in the Boston Globe
3. Congress — yes, that Congress — is about to pass a vital update to the Freedom of Information Act.
By Jason Leopold at Vice News
4. Discrimination against LGBT people isn’t just a civil rights violation, it’s bad economic policy.
By M. V. Lee Badgett at the New America Foundation
5. The truth is out about Russia. The EU must focus on the Balkans and think about the future.
By Judy Dempsey in RealClearWorld
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement