A car rammed through a group of demonstrators in Minneapolis Tuesday afternoon, running over one victim and hitting others who had gathered to protest after the Ferguson grand jury decision not to indict a white police officer for slaying a black teen.
At the march for Michael Brown near Minneapolis Police Department 3rd Precinct headquarters, the driver honked at protestors before hitting the gas and plowing through the crowd, appearing to run over the legs of one demonstrator, the Star Tribune reports.
Protestors climbed on the hood of what appears to be a dark-colored Subaru Outback, hitting its windows and windshield. The driver eventually stopped and is reportedly cooperating with police.
The Minneapolis march eventually gathered 1,000 demonstrators, and was one of many protests across the country Tuesday, which took place in multiple cities including New York, Los Angeles, Oakland, Atlanta and Denver.
Should Ferguson Protestors be Person of the Year? Vote below for #TIMEPOY
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart