Turkey Curry Soup
This quick stew is rich and fragrant with curry, lime and herbs. It’s an excellent way to use leftover turkey.
In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons canola oil. Add 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste and 4 cups kabocha squash (1 1/2-inch pieces) and cook over high heat, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce and 4 cups of water; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the squash is tender. Stir in 3 cups shredded roast turkey, 3 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 cup chopped mixed cilantro and basil; season with salt and pepper.
Leftover turkey gets totally transformed when it’s topped with a creamy sauce made with yogurt, herbs and tuna.
In a food processor, combine one 6 1/2-ounce can drained tuna, 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas and 1/4 cup plain yogurt. With the machine on, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil. Transfer to a bowl; stir in 1/4 cup chopped capers and 1/2 cup chopped mixed tarragon, dill and chives; season with salt and pepper. Serve with roast turkey breast.
Turkey Reuben Hash
In this 25-minute hash, leftover turkey is combined with potatoes, sauerkraut and caraway for a fun play on a Reuben sandwich.
In a cast-iron skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add 1/2 small chopped onion and 1 coarsely grated peeled baking potato and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 8 minutes. Add 1 cup drained sauerkraut, 2 cups shredded roast turkey, 2 chopped scallions and 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds. Cook until golden, 3 minutes.
This fresh, fun salad is a play on traditional Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing, combining turkey and croutons with celery, apple, fennel and parsley.
In a bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon each of Dijon mustard and lemon juice with 1/2 cup olive oil. Add 3 cups chopped roast turkey, 3 sliced celery ribs,1 sliced fennel bulb, 1 chopped crisp apple and 1 cup parsley. Season with salt and pepper; toss. Top with croutons.
More from Food & Wine:
- Thanksgiving Leftovers We Love
- Innovative Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Portable Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Thanksgiving Drinks for Crowd
- Gail Simmons’s Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time