RA grand jury in Missouri has reached a decision on whether to indict Darren Wilson, the white police officer who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson in August, a lawyer for the Brown family said Monday.
The prosecutor overseeing the case planned an announcement later in the day, but he gave no indication what it would be.
Benjamin Crump, the lawyer, said Monday afternoon that the family had been notified. He told MSNBC that the family was “praying for an indictment, and they’re trying to put their faith in the justice system.”
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023