Idris Elba loves playing the titular role on the BBC crime show Luther so much that he’s planning to record an album about it.
The actor said he’s working on songs inspired by police detective John Luther and the demons he battles, RadioTimes reports. The album’s working title is Murder Loves John.
“I’d like to dissect the idea of someone who has to deal with so much darkness,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Front Row. “That could create some really good songs … and definitely an interesting mood, musically.”
It’s not the first time Elba has released music. He just released Idris Elba Presents mi Mandela, a collection of songs inspired by his role as Nelson Mandela in 2013’s Long Walk to Freedom.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement