Cameron Diaz didn’t just promote the upcoming Annie remake when she hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend, she also brought a little taste of the movie (which hits theaters in December before Christmas) to the episode that featured Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson as musical guests.
In the above clip, “Back Home Ballers,” Aidy Bryant (aka Lil’ Baby Aidy) and her crew follow up “(Do It On My) Twin Bed” with a rap song about traveling home for the holidays and enjoying a lazy Sunday or two in the company of mom and dad. Diaz tests out her rapping ability, but it’s Leslie Jones’ verse about bowls (yes, bowls) that is the true scene-stealer. Here are two other highlights:
“New Annie”: Jones continues to make it clear why she was upgraded from the writers’ room to the SNL stage with a hilarious twist on the upcoming Annie movie (that finds Diaz previewing her take on Miss Hannigan).
“Capitol Hill Cold Open”: SNL pokes fun at President Obama’s executive orders habit with a Schoolhouse Rock parody starring Kenan Thompson as a bill that apparently can’t get no respect.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms