The family of Michael Brown, the unarmed black teenager whose shooting death at the hands of a white police officer sparked violent protests in Ferguson, Mo. earlier this year, is holding a news conference Friday ahead of a decision by a grand jury probing the case.
Attorney General Eric Holder appealed for calm in a video Thursday ahead of the decision, and Brown’s father has also called for calm.
Watch the news conference live above.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart