Bill Cosby will perform in a Melbourne, Fla. venue on Friday night despite recent controversy surrounding multiple allegations of rape against the comedian.
His management put out a statement noting that Cosby “is a well-respected member of the entertainment community and one of America’s most beloved performers. While we are aware of the allegations reported in the press, we are only in a position to judge him based on his career as an entertainer and humanitarian. His sold-out show at the King Center for the Performing Arts this Friday, November 21 will go on as scheduled.”
A protest against his appearance is rumored, though officials from the venue say they have no specific information to confirm this.
When asked about the rape allegations, Cosby recently responded, “I don’t talk about it.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org