It’s been 13 years since Ben Stiller last flashed Blue Steel. But a Zoolander sequel directed by and starring Stiller is finally coming.
Although there’s no official word yet as to whether Will Ferrell or Owen Wilson will return for their respective roles as a sinister designer and air-headed supermodel, Stiller will definitely be joined by Penelope Cruz, according to Deadline. Stiller has not revealed what Cruz’s role will be, but we can only assume she is playing a supermodel.
The followup to the comedy has been in the works for years. The script for the sequel was penned by Justin Theroux with input from Stiller, who summed up the premise for Empire in 2011:
Big changes? Perhaps Derek lost his skills as an ambi-turner.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up