Graco is recalling almost 5 million strollers after complaints that children’s fingers were at risk of being amputated.
A hinge on the side of the stroller can pinch a baby’s finger, according to federal officials; Graco received 11 reports of fingertip amputation, partial-fingertip amputation and finger laceration.
The company is reaching out to parents to contact it for a free repair kit to be shipped next month that includes hinge covers. In the meantime, the company advised parents to exercise caution:
“While waiting for a repair kit, caregivers should exercise extreme care when unfolding the stroller to be certain that the hinges are firmly locked before placing a child in the stroller. Caregivers are advised to immediately remove the child from a stroller that begins to fold to keep their fingers from the side hinge area.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time