Troopers in all-terrain vehicles and rescue crews working without sleep set out Wednesday to reach drivers trapped in a ferocious winter storm that dumped more than 5 ft. of snow outside Buffalo, N.Y. — with plenty more on the way.
About 140 miles of Interstate 90, the main artery running east and west across New York State, remained closed, from Rochester to the New York–Pennsylvania state line. There was no word when it would reopen.
“Mother Nature is showing us who’s boss once again,” Governor Andrew Cuomo said. “This snowfall may break all sorts of records, and that’s saying something in western …
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time