Vin Diesel demonstrated his proficiency as a polyglot back in July, when Marvel released a video of his Guardians of the Galaxy character Groot delivering his signature line in five languages. Now, in time for the movie’s DVD release on Dec. 9, he adds another 10 languages to his repertoire.
In this featurette released by Marvel, the baritone-voiced walking tree says “I am Groot” in Hindi, Kazakh and Hungarian, just to name just a few tongues. Marvel had Diesel learn the line in different languages, rather than hiring fluent voice actors, “to uniquely customize the moviegoing experience for international audiences.”
He may only say three words, but it’s safe to say he’s mastered them.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve