Vin Diesel demonstrated his proficiency as a polyglot back in July, when Marvel released a video of his Guardians of the Galaxy character Groot delivering his signature line in five languages. Now, in time for the movie’s DVD release on Dec. 9, he adds another 10 languages to his repertoire.
In this featurette released by Marvel, the baritone-voiced walking tree says “I am Groot” in Hindi, Kazakh and Hungarian, just to name just a few tongues. Marvel had Diesel learn the line in different languages, rather than hiring fluent voice actors, “to uniquely customize the moviegoing experience for international audiences.”
He may only say three words, but it’s safe to say he’s mastered them.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief