An American “pickup artist” accused of promoting sexual assault appears set to be banned from entering the United Kingdom, according to a report Wednesday that cited the Home Office.
Julien Blanc was apparently informed that his application for a British visa has been rejected, the Guardian reports. The decision by Home Secretary Theresa May comes after a petition demanding that Britain cancel his visa garnered more than 150,000 signatures.
Blanc, 25, gives paid seminars and bootcamps that promise to teach men how to “Make Girls BEG To Sleep With You After SHORT-CIRCUITING Their Emotional And Logical Mind” and develop “panty-dropping masculinity with this rock-solid structure to self-generate the powerful emotions girls crave.” But critics have called the courses predation in disguise as dating advice.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time