New Beyoncé music is imminent, but it’s closer than fans might think. Following reports that Bey’s new single “7/11” would hit radio waves next week, when her Beyoncé Platinum Edition Box Set drops, an apparent snippet of that song hit the Internet on Wednesday.
Her fans have been burned before when it comes to rumors of new releases, but the clip certainly sounds like Beyoncé, albeit more auto-tuned than usual. It also sounds like the beat could come from “Drunk in Love” producer Detail, whose name (Noel Fisher) has appeared in purported credits. BuzzFeed ran it through the song-identification app Shazam — and so did we — which strongly suggests it’s authentic.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time