Take a moment to remember the year’s most memorable pop videos, like when Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX recreated Clueless in their colorful “Fancy” clip. Or the time Nicki Minaj showed off her, uh, assets in “Anaconda.” Or the time Ariana Grande fired missiles from her chest in her sci-fi parody “Break Free.” And don’t forget all the dance moves and outfits T-Swift tried out in “Shake It Off.”
Now pretend you took all those videos and threw them into a blender — “Play” is what you’d get after a few seconds on high power, and still so much more. The song is from Taiwanese pop star Jolin Tsai, who’s been recording music since she was a teenager in the 1990s, and it’s the title track off her 13th studio album, due later this month. Nudity, aerobics-inspired choreography and fantastical colors all play major roles in the Sims-inspired clip. Also, someone gets hit in the face with a ukelele, so there’s that, too.
Just see for yourself above — you’ll be asking “Oh my God, who is she?” in no time.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time