Take a moment to remember the year’s most memorable pop videos, like when Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX recreated Clueless in their colorful “Fancy” clip. Or the time Nicki Minaj showed off her, uh, assets in “Anaconda.” Or the time Ariana Grande fired missiles from her chest in her sci-fi parody “Break Free.” And don’t forget all the dance moves and outfits T-Swift tried out in “Shake It Off.”
Now pretend you took all those videos and threw them into a blender — “Play” is what you’d get after a few seconds on high power, and still so much more. The song is from Taiwanese pop star Jolin Tsai, who’s been recording music since she was a teenager in the 1990s, and it’s the title track off her 13th studio album, due later this month. Nudity, aerobics-inspired choreography and fantastical colors all play major roles in the Sims-inspired clip. Also, someone gets hit in the face with a ukelele, so there’s that, too.
Just see for yourself above — you’ll be asking “Oh my God, who is she?” in no time.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer