Tracy Morgan suffered severe brain injury in his near-fatal highway crash more than five months ago and he may not be “the Tracy Morgan he once was,” his lawyer said Tuesday.
When a Walmart truck slammed into a limo van that was carrying the actor and several other comedians on their way back from a show in Delaware on June 7, the former Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock star suffered traumatic brain injury, his lawyer Benedict Morelli said.
“He’s fighting to get better, and if there’s a chance for him to be back to the Tracy Morgan he once was, he’s going to try to do that,” Morelli said, according to the Associated Press. “He’s still fighting and trying to live his life at the same time and trying to get better, and he’s just not better. We’re hoping and praying to get him back to where he was. But the jury’s out.”
The crash on the New Jersey Turnpike killed one passenger and injured three others. Morgan spent several weeks in a hospital and rehab with a broken leg, nose and ribs. Morgan sued for punitive and compensatory damages, and the Walmart driver, Kevin Roper, was charged with four counts of assault and death by auto.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases