When a Walmart truck slammed into a limo van that was carrying the actor and several other comedians on their way back from a show in Delaware on June 7, the former Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock star suffered traumatic brain injury, his lawyer Benedict Morelli said.
“He’s fighting to get better, and if there’s a chance for him to be back to the Tracy Morgan he once was, he’s going to try to do that,” Morelli said, according to the Associated Press. “He’s still fighting and trying to live his life at the same time and trying to get better, and he’s just not better. We’re hoping and praying to get him back to where he was. But the jury’s out.”
The crash on the New Jersey Turnpike killed one passenger and injured three others. Morgan spent several weeks in a hospital and rehab with a broken leg, nose and ribs. Morgan sued for punitive and compensatory damages, and the Walmart driver, Kevin Roper, was charged with four counts of assault and death by auto.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time