South Korean rapper Psy set the bar pretty high for totally absurd yet totally hypnotic music videos that become global phenomena with his 2012 smash hit “Gangnam Style.” It’s just going to be really tough for anyone to beat that — but it looks like one singer in China is trying.
Seriously, it’s gonna be tough. The “Gangnam Style” video has 2.1 billion views. Let that sink in.
But anyway, this valiant effort comes from Chinese pop star Rong “Rollin” Wang for the song “Chick Chick.” The video features women in sexy bird costumes line dancing, many animated farm animals, and men wearing nothing but tiny white shorts, knee socks and animal masks. Also, a whole bunch of chicken sounds.
So far, the video has racked up 6 million views, so it has a long way to go until it matches “Gangnam Style” levels of world domination. But it certainly has the raw materials.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time