South Korean rapper Psy set the bar pretty high for totally absurd yet totally hypnotic music videos that become global phenomena with his 2012 smash hit “Gangnam Style.” It’s just going to be really tough for anyone to beat that — but it looks like one singer in China is trying.
Seriously, it’s gonna be tough. The “Gangnam Style” video has 2.1 billion views. Let that sink in.
But anyway, this valiant effort comes from Chinese pop star Rong “Rollin” Wang for the song “Chick Chick.” The video features women in sexy bird costumes line dancing, many animated farm animals, and men wearing nothing but tiny white shorts, knee socks and animal masks. Also, a whole bunch of chicken sounds.
So far, the video has racked up 6 million views, so it has a long way to go until it matches “Gangnam Style” levels of world domination. But it certainly has the raw materials.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy