Next fall is already shaping up to be a good one for lovers of literature. Jonathan Franzen will release his fifth novel, Purity, in September 2015, the author’s publisher announced Monday.
Jonathan Galassi, the president and publisher of Farrar, Straus & Giroux, said that the story of a young woman working to uncover her father’s identity is somewhat of a departure from Franzen’s previous work, the New York Times reports.
“There’s a kind of fabulist quality to it,” Galassi said. “It’s not strict realism. There’s a kind of mythic undertone to the story.”
Franzen’s last two novels, 2010’s Freedom and 2001’s The Corrections, have each sold more than one million copies. In 2010, Franzen was the subject of a TIME cover story, becoming the first author to do so since Stephen King did a decade earlier.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time