Kaci Hickox, the health worker who objected to the conditions of her quarantine upon returning from west Africa, is now objecting to being called “the Ebola Nurse” in a new op-ed that accuses state politicians of cynically manipulating public fears for political gain.
Hickox accused Governors Chris Christie and Paul LePage, of New Jersey and Maine respectively, of imposing “overzealous” quarantines and exaggerating the risks posed by asymptomatic health workers.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time