Kaci Hickox, the health worker who objected to the conditions of her quarantine upon returning from west Africa, is now objecting to being called “the Ebola Nurse” in a new op-ed that accuses state politicians of cynically manipulating public fears for political gain.
Hickox accused Governors Chris Christie and Paul LePage, of New Jersey and Maine respectively, of imposing “overzealous” quarantines and exaggerating the risks posed by asymptomatic health workers.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up