A recent speech by celebrated, off-beat actor Johnny Depp at the Hollywood Film Awards Friday had many wondering if his Oscar nominated turn as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean may not have been pretend.
Depp stammered through what was supposed to be an introduction of talent manager Shep Gordon, the subject of Mike Myers’ new documentary, Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon. Gordon has worked for Blondie, Luther Vandross and Alice Cooper, among others.
The man who has played Hunter S. Thompson appears to swear good-naturedly several times. And while Mike Myers backstage called the speech “rock n’ roll,” Variety reports, Twitter users believed the actor was simply plastered.
“I mean, it’s one of those nights,” Depp says. Fair enough.
Here’s CBS video of the whole thing, curse words removed.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up