It appears no infraction, no matter how small, is beneath the freewheeling mayor of Toronto Rob Ford.
Ford was ticketed for jaywalking within hours of arriving in British Columbia, Canada for a weekend visit Friday night, reports the Toronto Star. A flurry of posts on social media showed Ford dancing and posing for pictures with fellow revelers the same night police stopped him while crossing a road linking the towns of Burnaby and Coquitlam, not far from Vancouver. A spokesman for the mayor declined to comment on whether he’d been drinking.
Ford, who admitted to smoking crack cocaine after months of denials, is running for re-election in Toronto.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World