It appears no infraction, no matter how small, is beneath the freewheeling mayor of Toronto Rob Ford.
Ford was ticketed for jaywalking within hours of arriving in British Columbia, Canada for a weekend visit Friday night, reports the Toronto Star. A flurry of posts on social media showed Ford dancing and posing for pictures with fellow revelers the same night police stopped him while crossing a road linking the towns of Burnaby and Coquitlam, not far from Vancouver. A spokesman for the mayor declined to comment on whether he’d been drinking.
Ford, who admitted to smoking crack cocaine after months of denials, is running for re-election in Toronto.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy