The James Bond franchise may have found its next bad guy.
A new report in the Daily Mail singles out Austrian actor Christoph Waltz as the rumored “nemesis”-in-waiting. “It’s not immediately evident whether the part’s friend, or foe, or a bit of both,” according to an unnamed source quoted by the Mail, whose reporter the Guardian says “has a strong track record when it comes to the Bond series.”
The 24th Bond film will again star Daniel Craig, with Ralph Fiennes set to reappear as “M.” Ben Whishaw and Naomie Harris will also return as “Q” and “Moneypenny.”
Waltz has twice won Academy Awards, for his work in Django Unchained and Inglourious Basterds. If he’s confirmed as the friend/foe/villain, and if any of his past roles can be taken into account, this would be quite epic.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time