The James Bond franchise may have found its next bad guy.
A new report in the Daily Mail singles out Austrian actor Christoph Waltz as the rumored “nemesis”-in-waiting. “It’s not immediately evident whether the part’s friend, or foe, or a bit of both,” according to an unnamed source quoted by the Mail, whose reporter the Guardian says “has a strong track record when it comes to the Bond series.”
The 24th Bond film will again star Daniel Craig, with Ralph Fiennes set to reappear as “M.” Ben Whishaw and Naomie Harris will also return as “Q” and “Moneypenny.”
Waltz has twice won Academy Awards, for his work in Django Unchained and Inglourious Basterds. If he’s confirmed as the friend/foe/villain, and if any of his past roles can be taken into account, this would be quite epic.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023