BERLIN, Germany — Bono says a mid-air mishap in which the luggage-compartment door fell off his Learjet into the woods of Germany was a “bit scary” — but his real concern is the animals that were down below. “The worry is where is the door, where are those bags?” the U2 rock star said on the red carpet at an awards ceremony in Berlin on Thursday night. “You know there may be a few cows or sheep in the German countryside with a very sore head. We trust that nobody was hurt because we would have heard by now and that was actually our first concern, cause we were fine.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving