When asking yourself whether food fusion has gone too far, please consider the foodie world’s latest jaunt in made-for-the-internet cuisine: The ramen donut. Also known as the “ramnut.”
This unexpected mashup comes from Josh Scherer of Culinary Bro-Down, the mastermind behind ramen poutine and sushi corn dogs. And in case you were wondering if this is all a sick joke, Sherer wants his blog readers to know “I’m incredibly serious about this sh*t.” He even provides a recipe for the creation.
Will the Ramnut become as famous as its predecessors the cronut and the ramen burger? Only time will tell.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space