Katniss Everdeen already taught the rebels of Panem the call of revolution with her ominous mockingjay whistle. But for the Lorde-curated soundtrack of the third film, Mockingjay — Part 1, Ariana Grande and Major Lazer have united to teach the districts the call of the dancefloor — and it sounds like a bird that’s gone shot for shot with Effie Trinket all night in The Capitol.
The wordless, siren-like hook is an obvious highlight, but there’s more to “All My Love” than that. The sparse dancehall beat from DJ-producer Diplo lets Grande’s more understated vocals shine, and she shows Jennifer Lawrence who the real girl on fire is when the initially icy track heats up just before the battle cry hits. The “Problem” pop star often gets teased for her enunciation, yes, but “All My Love” might be most notable for being the first Grande single in awhile in which you can actually make out just about every word she’s saying.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at firstname.lastname@example.org