Cold air will blanket two-thirds of the U.S. on Thursday, with arctic air expected to take aim at the East Coast after ripping through the rest of the county. The National Weather Service said temperatures will plummet to 25 to 40 degrees below normal across much of the northern and central U.S. New England is expected to experience light snow, but up to a foot of snow is expected to fall in the Great Lakes region.
The polar invasion is expected to linger through the middle of next week, according to The Weather Channel. It tore through the Plains and Midwest earlier this week, sending temperatures plummeting and shattering record lows…
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow