If you were looking for plot details on the next Divergent installment, Insurgent, this teaser trailer is going to leave you wanting. It’s safe to assume, since there is a flying house that’s on fire and all, that this is some sort of dream sequence or imaginary test that Tris must pass. There’s also no sign of any other cast members aside from Shailene Woodley and Ashley Judd, including Ansel Elgort, who played Tris’ brother in the first film and starred opposite Woodley as her love interest in The Fault in Our Stars.
So instead of getting any sense of what the movie’s about, we get some messy CGI. But fans will likely still flock to the theaters. The last movie made $288.75 million worldwide on the back of its star, Woodley, a solid pull for a movie based on a young adult novel that’s not titled The Hunger Games.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating