Taylor Smith wasn’t always the svelte, 5-foot-10 24-year-old she is today, and that’s part of her charm. We’ve watched her grow like fond parents who indulge in memories of of her early years, as a curly-haired newbie and a guitar-slinging warbler.
In 2002, when Swift was a wee 12-year-old, she sang the national anthem at a Detroit Pistons game in her home state of Pennsylvania. Though her singing does sound expectedly thin in a pubescent kind of way, she clearly had the makings of a great voice.
This is what Taylor Swift singing The Star-Spangled banner at age 12 sounds like.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This