Henry “Big Bank Hank” Jackson of the Sugarhill Gang died early Tuesday from kidney complications due to cancer, his manager said. He was 57.
“[Sugarhill Gang’s Wonder Mike and Master Gee] had been in contact with him in the past year,” manager David Mallie told FOX411. “They had some great times and created history.”
“So sad to hear of our brother’s passing. Rest in peace Big Bank,” the two remaining members of the group said.
Sugarhill Gang is best known for its 1979 hit “Rapper’s Delight.” Other members of the rap community posted remembrances of Big Bank Hank on social media:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time