Jennifer Lawrence is one of the biggest movie stars in the age of social media, but she’s not a big fan of Facebook or Twitter.
In an interview with BBC Radio One, the actress said she’ll never get a Twitter account. Lawrence said she wasn’t good with phones and struggles to keep up with email, so the idea of Twitter is “unthinkable” to her. She called the social network “a weird enigma that people talk about.”
“If you ever see a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter [account] that says it’s me, it most certainly is not,” Lawrence said, though she does have a verified Facebook Page. Overall, she doesn’t seem to be a big fan of Internet culture: “The Internet has scorned me.”
Earlier this year, nude photos of Lawrence and several other celebrities were stolen and posted online. Following the incident, she told Vanity Fair in September: “It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime. It is a sexual violation. It’s disgusting.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org