Nicki Minaj apologized and took “full responsibility” Tuesday for using what appeared to be Nazi imagery in her recently-released music video.
Minaj, writing on Twitter, noted that the producer and “person in charge” of the video for her song “Only” also “happen to be Jewish.”
The animated video, which received widespread criticism, depicts Minaj at the center of a mass rally similar to the infamous propaganda events organized by the Nazi regime. Throughout the video a swastika-like symbol adorns flags and boards.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at email@example.com