Evil Dead is finding new life on the small screen.
On Monday, the cable network Starz announced a new series, Ash vs. Evil Dead, a spin-off of the Sam Raimi movie series that will find actor Bruce Campbell reprising his role as Ash Williams, the New York Times reports.
The 10-episode series is expected next year.
Raimi, who went on to direct the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man trilogy, will direct the first episode of the series, which he wrote with his brother, Ivan Raimi. The first Evil Dead movie, considered a cult classic, dates back to 1981.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive