While some movies and TV shows are releasing trailers each week (ahem, Maleficent, Game of Thrones), Marvel took four months to release its second trailer for X Men: Days of Future Past, teasing the most expensive film from 20th Century Fox since Avatar.
The new trailer features chills-inducing narration from Patrick Stewart and highlights the (potentially unwise) plan to go back in time to stop the war against mutants before it starts. Leading robotic mutant-stopping army is Bolivar Trask, played by a mustached Peter Dinklage, whose makeup and styling looks more Anchorman than X Men. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender reprise their roles as Professor X and Magneto’s younger selves, facing their grown-up counterparts, while classic fan favorites like Halle Berry’s Storm and Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine make appearances, as does hunky newcomer — and Jennifer Lawrence’s boyfriend — Nicholas Hoult. The trailer ups the screen time of Lawrence’s Mystique, which might be the last chance to catch her on screen before her supposed Hollywood hiatus.
The film, out May 22, comes from X Men and X Men 2 director Brian Singer.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023