While some movies and TV shows are releasing trailers each week (ahem, Maleficent, Game of Thrones), Marvel took four months to release its second trailer for X Men: Days of Future Past, teasing the most expensive film from 20th Century Fox since Avatar.
The new trailer features chills-inducing narration from Patrick Stewart and highlights the (potentially unwise) plan to go back in time to stop the war against mutants before it starts. Leading robotic mutant-stopping army is Bolivar Trask, played by a mustached Peter Dinklage, whose makeup and styling looks more Anchorman than X Men. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender reprise their roles as Professor X and Magneto’s younger selves, facing their grown-up counterparts, while classic fan favorites like Halle Berry’s Storm and Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine make appearances, as does hunky newcomer — and Jennifer Lawrence’s boyfriend — Nicholas Hoult. The trailer ups the screen time of Lawrence’s Mystique, which might be the last chance to catch her on screen before her supposed Hollywood hiatus.
The film, out May 22, comes from X Men and X Men 2 director Brian Singer.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer