A few months ago, Chris Soules planted the seed that he wanted to be the new star of The Bachelor. ABC agreed that the gentleman-farmer could use the show to look for love and try to lure women to live with him in Iowa. Now comes an early glimpse of the farmer reaping what he’s sown.
In the promo, Soules gets in touch with his inner Kevin Costner and wanders through a green cornfield. He is soon joined by dozens of disembodied voices of the eager young women more than happy to elbow each other out of the way in the hopes of planting themselves in Iowa on the arm of a charming farmer. The result is more Children of the Corn than Field of Dreams, but one thing is for sure, this season of The Bachelor will bring a bumper crop of corn.
The new season of The Bachelor premieres on ABC on Monday, Jan. 5 at 8 p.m. ET.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving