A few months ago, Chris Soules planted the seed that he wanted to be the new star of The Bachelor. ABC agreed that the gentleman-farmer could use the show to look for love and try to lure women to live with him in Iowa. Now comes an early glimpse of the farmer reaping what he’s sown.
In the promo, Soules gets in touch with his inner Kevin Costner and wanders through a green cornfield. He is soon joined by dozens of disembodied voices of the eager young women more than happy to elbow each other out of the way in the hopes of planting themselves in Iowa on the arm of a charming farmer. The result is more Children of the Corn than Field of Dreams, but one thing is for sure, this season of The Bachelor will bring a bumper crop of corn.
The new season of The Bachelor premieres on ABC on Monday, Jan. 5 at 8 p.m. ET.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy