A suicide bomber has killed 47 children and injured 79 others during a school assembly Monday in north east Nigeria, reports Agence France Presse.
Emmanuel Ojukwu, a police spokesman told AFP, “There was an explosion detonated by a suicide bomber. We have 47 dead and 79 injured.”
He said that attack in Potiskum in Yobe state was probably carried out by the Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow