John Oliver went on a rampage during this season’s final episode of Last Week Tonight, but it wasn’t just with strong words for state legislatures or dogs dressed as U.S. Supreme Court justices or Michael Bloomberg‘s .nyc web address shopping spree.
This time, though, he was armed … with a salmon cannon.
After watching a news clip showing a salmon cannon in action helping fish return to their spawning grounds, Oliver was inspired to buy his own and try it at home. He then took a page out of Lew Zealand’s playbook and started throwing fish. He started by chucking one at the face of his former The Daily Show co-worker Jon Stewart, then Jimmy Fallon got one and then he went wild spraying salmon at everyone from Kelly Ripa to Anderson Cooper to Meredith Grey mid-operation on Grey’s Anatomy, hitting an actress mid-dramatic break up on a CBS soap and even burying Homer Simpson in the flying fish.
It’s a fish-throwing feat that is possibly the best thing to ever happen to Grey’s Anatomy.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022